The New Maqsood O' dHAKA Video - Jooger Montrona - 2014

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0vcyii-NJMA

Thursday, January 26, 2012

Facebook Discussion: Was Fakir Lalon Shah an Agnostic? - Part 2

Part 2 of the ongoing discussion on the subject :

Habibur Rahman on 26th January: Dear Maqsoodul Haque, your comment comprises with multiple topics and to address all these matters, I think; at least a thin book is required, which is beyond the scope of this forum. Still, I will try my best, if Allah permits me, to express, step by step, my succinct or precise opinion on some of the most fundamental points you raised. At the moment, with your permission, I am suspending my original contention on Lalon, with which I will conclude my discussion later.

Among other things you raised, three fundamental points on which I am going to express my opinion :

1. On technique, method, procedure to enhanced our spiritual energy/experience;

2. Nature of Truth, the relation of Truth with our experience or category of Truth; and most importantly your metaphysical proposition `All in One and One in All'. Today I am going to discuss only on the topic of technique, method or procedure.

Whoever wanted to be a philosopher, scientist or a spiritualist, following a particular tradition, discipline, technique, method, procedure or a course of action is sine qua non or essential to achieve the desired end. But it should be kept in our mind that they are not end in-itself but only means to some certain ends. In the spiritual journey, these means have two objectives, one is immediate and the other is ultimate. The immediate objective is to achieve Unity/Tawhid within ourselves, i.e., unity of our Mind, Body and Soul along with our mission, vision, feelings, thought and action. When every parts of these elements works in harmony with all the other parts then we can say we achieve the Unity/Tawhid within ourselves. But remember it is not the ultimate objective.

3. The ultimate objective of our spiritual journey is to carry the divine spark, pure and unadulterated; to its source. Now let me allow to describe some stages of the spiritual journey.

A spiritual journey usually starts with the awareness of the fact that we are living in a world full of deception, delusion and illusion. When an adept/novice becomes aware of the fact, he starts his quest for the Truth. This is philosophical stage. in this stage, he examines his life, the things he encounters in his material, social, political and environmental settings; carefully to know the real structure of the things. But soon he finds there are absolute barricade or limitation beyond which his senses, intellect, reason and understanding cannot transcend. S/he comes to know: s/he is living a life between two ultimate ignorance, i.e., what was before his/her birth and what will be after his death. In the material world s/he finds organic beings gush forth from inorganic material and return to it without leaving any trace or mark. S/he don't know what is the nature of life (the force by which the living beings are as such), what is the source/destiny/purpose of life. Here is the death of a philosopher and if s/he continues, then s/he gives birth within his/herself, the Theologian.

Thank you for the moment, to be continued...

Mac Haque on 26th January: Dear Habibur....what a beautiful posting.. I am simply spellbound! I have absolutely not one word in disagreement or contentions to add. Please proceed - I am anxiously waiting for what you will say next. Thanks a million.

Habibur Rahman on 26th January: Dear Maqsoodul Haque, before I proceed further, would you please be kind enough to let know whether I am correct in selecting the three points you raised, especially on the Metaphysical proposition : `All in One and One in All', about which I am not certain, because you said actually : `ONE in ONE, our ALL in ALL', in this point, I think, I misread, please give some explanation on this point.


Mac Haque on 26th January : Dear Habibur - I will get to the Metaphysical proposition [...in more details] after you have finished. Trust me, the 3 points you have to so lucidly embarked upon, makes me feel that you have many gems to offer during your discourse. Your approach is so fresh and original that in the 24 years spent as a Lalonist, I seem to be able for the very first time to connect and have a clearer concept. It would be a shame to interrupt your flow at this stage.

[..briefly] The ONE in ONE ( I and I) and the ALL in ALL comes from the Rastafarai religion of Jamaica, you can say they are the South American Bauls. Its biggest exemplar was the Late Richard Nesta ( Bob) Marley and in very many ways I meant what he said in his epic song Get Up Stand up ( 'Dont Give Up the Fight') :

"Preacher man don't tell me heaven is under the earth
I know you don't know what life is really worth
Is not all that glitters is gold and
Half the story has never been told"

and then the real punch line which shook the world:

"We're sick and tired of your ism and skism game
Die and go to heaven in Jesus' name, Lord
We know when we understand
Almighty God is a living man"

This I thought connected well with what Lalon Shaiji had already said over two hundred year ago.

"যেজন দিব্য জ্ঞানী হয় / সে জানতে পায়
Only they that have deeper knowledge know

কলিযুগে হলো মানুষ অবতার/
In the era of 'Koli' - man evolved to Avatar

মানুষ গুরুর নিষ্ঠা যার/
The gOD in mAN is in the yearning of those

ভবে মানুষ গুরুর নিষ্ঠা যার
those that live in the in the aura of the gOD in mAN

I will surely expand on this at a later stage.

Kind regards and jOI gURU /\

No comments: